Last year SAP acquired CallidusCloud to empower their portfolio in the intelligent customer experience market. It’s now becoming clearer on what the position on the former Callidus Cloud solutions will be within the SAP organization. First of all, the solutions will be part of the SAP Sales Cloud pillar of the C/4HANA suite. In this blog we’ll give a high level overview of the 3 key-solutions, the possible reasons to use the tools and the integration with SAP Sales Automation (C4C).
Out of the CallidusCloud portfolio SAP will focus on three solutions:
- Sales Performance Management (Commissions)
- CPQ (Configure Price Quote)
- Intelligent Sales Execution
Sales Performance Management
There are several reasons for companies to start using a Sales Performance Management tool. You can think of limit over payments of commissions, eliminate shadow accounting by sales reps, avoid excessive discounting, motivate their sales force and increase revenues.
The solution for SAP manages this sales incentive compensation process from sales order to payment for direct or indirect sales employees. This includes:
- Development of commissions plans with pre-configured logic which can be easily adapted by administrators or even business users. No coding needed.
- Management of hierarchies so not only sales reps will receive commissions but their manager as well.
- Payments on a weekly of monthly base
- Dispute management
- Dashboard, reporting and analytics (incl. AI)
Currently the integration with SAP Sales Automation (C4C) is already in place. As you can see in below picture a sales rep can access its compensation dashboard from a commissions workcenter.
Missed revenue targets, error prone quoting, margin erosion and poor customer experience are important indicators for companies to start using a CPQ tool.
The SAP CPQ solution helps salespeople to configure quotes for complex products. It supports in providing the right product combination with the right price to win the deal. It can be used by internal sales team but also by partners, distributors and e-commerce.
The solution includes:
- Selection of products and Offers; increase of cross- and up-sell
- Elimination during product configurations
- Pricing engine (incl. Margin protection)
- Approvals processes
- Proposal generation
- Reporting and Analytics
SAP CPQ is already integration with SAP Sales Automation (C4C)
Intelligent Sales Execution
This is used for extended pipeline management and forecasting within your existing CRM system. Growth in revenue is the main driver for companies to implement it. This is reached because it gives you more insight in deals, the ability to rescue deals, coach and train sales teams and delivery of accurate forecasting by using AI (remove ‘hope’ factor and early discovery of bad deals)
The solution includes:
- Pipeline Management, determine the “health” of you deals.
- Forecasting, forecast upcoming business with more accurate data
- Coaching, help sales reps in reaching their targets
Integration with SAP Sales Automation (C4C)
Later this year we’ll dive deeper into the above 3 solutions within this blog series. If you have questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us.