As of the SAP Sales & Service Cloud 2105 Release, SAP Analytics Cloud is made available as embedded analytics functionality. I think this is a powerful functionality for the simple fact end-users doesn’t have to navigate away from the SAP Cloud for Customer user interface and can make use of all the possibilities SAP Analytics Cloud has to offer. This blog will explain the steps you need to do to enable embedded SAP Analytics Cloud reporting in your SAP Cloud for Customer tenant and start creating and using SAP Analytics Cloud stories from within the SAP Cloud for Customer user interface.
1) First of all, SAP needs to activate this functionality within you SAP Cloud for Customer tenant. You can do this by logging in incident in your tenant on the respective component. Just navigate to your user menu in the right top of your tenant and choose for “Report Incident” (should be enabled in your company settings)
In the “Report an Incident” section draft an incident message like above and choose “Direct Forward”.
2) Once the functionality is activated by SAP you can configure single sign-on for SAP Analytics Cloud and manage the users that needs to have access to SAP Analytics Cloud. To configure single sign-on for SAP Analytics Cloud you need to download the Metadata XML-file from SAP Cloud for Customer. To do so, go to Business Analytics => Common Tasks and choose Configure Single Sign-On for SAC.
In this activity you need to download the metadata XML via the button: Download Metadata as XML. This file you need to upload to your Identity Provider (IdP). See for details this document: Integration of SAP Cloud for Customer and SAP Analytics Cloud Using Live Connect.
After the necessary steps in your IdP you need to upload the IdP Metadata in SAP Cloud for Customer again via the Upload button. Make sure you select the right IdP Subject Name Identifier. It can be User ID or User e-mail.
3) The activation of SAP Analytics Cloud in SAP Cloud for Customer also enabled two extra workcenter views:
a) Design Stories under Workcenter Business Analytics. This workcenter view is intended for Business Analytics administrators to design Stories.
b) Stories under Workcenter Analysis. This one is available for end-users.
Assign the above Workcenter Views to your relevent business roles in Business Role configuration via Administrator => General Settings => Business Roles.
4) Now your Business Analytics administrator can start designing SAP Analytics Cloud stories from within the SAP Cloud for Customer user interface via Business Analytics => Design Stories.
5) After story design is completed your end-users now can start using the stories from within the SAP Cloud for Customer user interface via Analysis => Stories.