Many companies have a need to create a Microsoft Word document from SAP Cloud for Customer using the data from SAP Cloud for Customer, add additional information to the document and send this document by Microsoft Outlook to the customer. This process should be easy to use without many clicks in the system.
The added value for the business is the flexibility of creating and sending documents based on a template. The document will be stored within SAP Cloud for Customer (actually it will be a link to SharePoint) and also the activity that the document has been sent is logged within the system. The handling time for generating and sending documents will be significantly reduced.
Following solution is based on a standard SAP Cloud for Customer system connected to the Acorel Document Service solution. The sending of the document is supported using a macro which is part of the Microsoft Word document.
The complete process will look like the following:
- User creates an object in SAP Cloud for Customer.
- This can be anything like a lead, opportunity, quotation,activity,visit,ticket etc.
- User generates a Microsoft Word document based on a given template
- We use the Acorel Document Services (ADS) to generate a Microsoft Word document based on the template. This is a cloud solution built by Acorel to add Office documents to SAP Cloud for Customer. The solution supports multiple templates using different languages (based on the preferred communication language).
- The document is added as an attachment to the object. Basically it will be a link to the sharepoint environment where the document is stored. The advantage is that changing the document is easy, just click on the link and make the required change.
- User changes the standard document with specific information
- The user only has to click on the link to open the document and make the required changes.
- Using the Microsoft Word AutoText functionality, it is possible to add standard text when needed to speed up the text entry.
- No saving is needed because this is done using sharepoint.
- User sends the document to Microsoft Outlook.
- Within the Microsoft Word document a button will be available which will do following activities completely automatic:
- Convert the document to a pdf file.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and fill the subject and email addresses from the document into the email.
- Attach the pdf file into the email.
- The button is included in the document and basically calls a macro within the template.
- As a result the email is setup in Microsoft Outlook including the mail addresses
- User links email to SAP Cloud for Customer (optionally).
- The sent mail can be linked to SAP Cloud for Customer.
- As a result the sent document with the original email is included as an email activity at the contact
This example can be used for any process like visit reports or tender documents etc. It will increase the productivity and simplifies the use of documents using fixed templates and setup and maintenance of templates in Microsoft Word only.
If you would like to get a demonstration or you are interested about this solution, please contact Acorel!