Optimally benefit from your customer data with SAP Customer Data Management
Customer data is the foundation for a distinctive customer experience. Yet we see that not every organization benefits optimally from the customer data they possess. A missed opportunity, we believe. Customer data helps you to make better decisions, build trust, strengthen loyalty, comply with the GDPR laws, and respect the privacy of your customers. In this article you will discover how you can utilize the power of customer data with SAP’s solutions for Customer Data Management, the collective name for SAP Customer Data Cloud and SAP Customer Data Platform, so that an optimal customer experience is within reach.
Watch again: Inspired in 90 minutes about SAP Customer Data
In October 2022 we provided a webinar about SAP Customer Data. In this webinar we discussed important trends and developments, SAP’s vision on Customer Data and Acorel’s approach. Finally, it contains an interesting demo of SAP Customer Data Cloud and SAP Customer Data Platform. The webinar is in Dutch.
Enter your details here and immediately watch the recording of our webinar on SAP Customer Data.
What do your customers expect?
You have probably already noticed that customers have increasingly higher expectations. But what exactly do they expect? Our customer experience specialists see the following expectations and trends:
- Be transparent about the data you possess from me
- Treat my data confidentially
- Let me connect with your company anytime, anywhere
- Show me that you really understand my needs once I gave you my data
We can see the last two as opportunities; customers will be more satisfied if you apply these correctly. The first two relate to privacy, GDPR compliance, and security. These are not opportunities, but risks. Do you not meet these expectations? Then the negative impact on your company is significant.
Challenges in meeting the expectations
We know from our experience that meeting the increasing expectations is easier said than done. Many organizations face challenges in this respect. Here are the three most common challenges:
- No consistency in customer data: Within an organization there are often different systems that contain a part of the customer data. This leads to fragmented customer data, also known as data silos. This complicates collaboration and limits organisations to provide consistent customer experiences across all channels. The consequence? Declining customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- No organisational governance in processing customer data: If it is unclear how customer data is processed in the organization, it is impossible to manage the data at scale. As a result, the organization has limited possibilities to personalize the customer experience on all channels. As a result, your turnover will decrease as customer retention will drop.
- No clarity about storing customer data: Responding quickly to questions from customers or from the business is only possible if data can be found quickly and is transparent in the entire organisation. The same goes for being transparent about data you collect from your customers, which is crucial for trust in your business. Can your organisation not manage this right? Then your brand value decreases.
This is how you meet expectations with SAP Customer Data Management
Now you are probably wondering how you can deal with those challenges and meet customer expectations. The following five steps will help you:
- Recognize your customer on every channel
- Provide the correct customer data including permissions to your organisation
- Understand your customer as completely as possible (360-degree)
- Personalize the customer experience across all channels
- Create trust through transparency
And that is exactly where SAP Customer Data Management can help you. SAP Customer Data Management is the collective name for SAP Customer Data Cloud (CDC) and SAP Customer Data Platform (CDP), two solutions that help you to benefit from your customer experience solutions and take the customer experience to the next level.
What is the difference between SAP CDC and SAP CDP?
The names ‘CDC’ and ‘CDP’ are very similar, so what is the difference between the two and where is the added value of these solutions? We explain that for you below.
SAP Customer Data Cloud: Gain Customer Trust
With SAP CDC you have the foundation for collecting customer data. Through progressive profiling, CDC collects more information about your customer during every contact moment. This creates a strong foundation that makes next level personalization possible, even for anonymous customers. You also gain the trust of your customers because they give permission for the use of their data themselves and can withdraw this at any time. In addition, CDC allows customers to use secure and fast authentication options, including facial recognition and social login.
SAP Customer Data Platform: make optimal use of customer data
Where CDC helps you lay the foundation for trust, SAP CDP ensures that this is also applied while using customer data in multiple channels and the data is only used in the permitted context. In addition, CDP connects customer data from various sources, including Emarsys, Sales Cloud and Service Cloud. This way you avoid data silos, and you offer customers a consistent customer experience, both online and offline. It also helps you analyse customer behaviour and make offers, recommendations and campaigns more relevant.
Is your organization already benefitting from customer data? Or do you want to discuss this with one of our customer experience specialists? Just contact us
At Acorel, we put improved customer experience within reach. Experience that aligns closely with the needs of both your organisation and your customers.
We are experts in the area of SAP Customer Experience. We provide the software and take care of its implementation. We also support you in the translation of your strategy into operations. And we encourage optimal use of the implemented software.
We do all of this with a team of dedicated professionals. Professionals with differing sets of expertise and knowledge of the challenges in your sector. Professionals who inspire you to look further than just the beaten path. In order to deliver exactly what you need to achieve the desired result. Or even to exceed this.
What motivates us? Making organisations demonstrably more successful. Every single day.